3 May 2015

Gannets at Bempton Cliffs

Gannet is definitely my favorite bird of Britain.  So I couldn't wait until my Scotland trip for the Seabird Drawing Course to see and sketch them.  Knowing that, a very good friend of mine marooned me on the Bempton Cliffs!



So I spent hours and hours on the cliff with my telescope and sketchbooks. I can not be happier sitting at the seabird colony even though it was chilly and at one point, I was caught in hailstone.  



I had such productive days that I came out with almost too many sketches to show.





From Staple Newk view point. 
It was the next day after the reserve volunteer spotted the first chick of this year at her researching site.   I patiently watched the nest but the parent didn't let me peek its chick.    





I could spend weeks without getting bored here!





And to your surprise, there is a lot more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment