24 May 2015

Minsmere

Last Sunday, I joined the RSPB Cambridge local group's field trip to Minsmere. I can not believe that it's been four years since I first went there.  I remember that particular field trip very well because it was the one pulled me deeply into the birdwatching world in Britain.  And Minsmere reserve amazed and amused me as much as the first time.



On the first trip to Minsmere we went to Westleton Heath rather than Dunwich Heath on this trip but all the same we watched the stunning birds like dartford warblers and stonechats.



Little terns and an incubating avocet.



I was sitting in the Bittern Hide for long time watching marsh harriers and hobbies flying and a bittern flew across. And a hobby perched on a tree right in front of the hide!



Asmodeus Poisonteeth!

No comments:

Post a Comment