11 June 2015

Northumberland Coast

I went up to Northumberland for a few days, seeking for more seabirds!  
The main purpose of the trip was to visit the Farne Islands and we did go on the Inner Farne in spite of the extreme wind condition we had up there.  One day, it was 40 mph and, of course, the boat didn't run that day.  



While waiting for the boat time, I sketched Bamourgh Castle from the sand dune north of Seahouses. Oilseed rapes were still in bloom up in north.



ニシツノメドリが繁殖するファーン島に渡る船が出るSeahousesは電車が通っていないので、Alnmouthまで電車で行き、そこからバスに乗り換えた。帰りの電車の時刻まで、Alnmouthの町をぶらつき、エスチュアリをスケッチ。

I did a lot of sketches of puffins, eiders and arctic terns but I accidentally send the sketchbook back to Japan.  Very stupid of me!  So you have to wait for a few more weeks before I put them up here.

No comments:

Post a Comment